Barron Electric Cooperative (BEC) and all of its subsidiaries are committed to protecting your privacy. Please read the BEC Privacy Statement below.
This BEC Privacy Statement applies to data collected by BEC through its Web site, as well as data collected through traditional offline sources.
Collection of Your Personal Information
BEC asks you to provide personal information, such as your e-mail address, name, billing address, home, work or other telephone numbers, and Social Security Number. If you choose to sign up for specific programs or services, we will ask for additional information, such as your bank, account number and routing number, that are used to establish services such as ACH bill payment.
We may collect information about your visit, including the pages you view and the links you click. We may also collect standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your IP address, browser type and language, access times and referring Web site addresses. BEC only uses web log information in aggregate form to enable us to make our Web site more useful. BEC does not collect any personal information about a routine visitor unless the visitor provides it.
Use of Your Personal Information
BEC collects and uses your personal information to maintain accurate member/account information and participation in specific programs. We also use your personal information to communicate with you. We may send service communications such as billing reminders, monthly newsletters and other promotional information. Personal information collected on the BEC site is stored and processed in Barron, Wisconsin, at our headquarters office.
Sharing of Your Personal Information
BEC will not share your personal information with any non-affiliated entity or third-party vendor for their independent marketing or commercial purposes. BEC employees are permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver service to you. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using it for any other purpose. Personal information may also be disclosed as follows:
1. Records may be disclosed to affiliates or contractors hired by BEC to assist in carrying out operations, such as service, billing, and management functions including legal, audit, and collection services.
2. Member-consumer information may be disclosed to and shared with commercial and consumer credit reporting agencies for credit-related activities (e.g., the reporting of bad debts).
3. Records may be disclosed to government regulators and other government agencies when authorized or required by law.
4. Records may also be compiled in aggregate form for BEC management activities.
5. Records may be disclosed when required by law, such as in response to a search warrant, subpoena, or court order, or to law enforcement authorities.
6. BEC may use and disclose records for investigations into employee misconduct or for law enforcement investigations related to our business.
7. We may also access and/or disclose your personal information if we believe such action is necessary to: (a) protect and defend the rights or property of BEC (including the enforcement of our agreements); or (b) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of BEC services, members of the public or our employees.
Accessing Your Personal Information
You have the ability to view or edit your personal information by contacting a BEC member services representative at 715-537-3171 or 800-322-1008. Arrangements will be made for you to view your information and make any necessary changes.
Security of Your Personal Information
BEC is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information you provide on computer systems with limited access, which are located in controlled facilities. When we transmit highly confidential information (such as a bank account or routing number) over the Internet, we protect it through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
Controlling "Spam" or Unsolicited E-mail
BEC is concerned about controlling unsolicited commercial e-mail, or "spam." BEC will not sell, lease or rent its member address lists, including e-mail addresses, to third parties.
Enforcement of This Privacy Statement
If you have questions regarding this statement, contact us by calling a BEC member services representative at 715-537-3171 or 800-322-1008.
BEC welcomes your comments regarding this privacy statement. If you have questions about this statement or believe that we have not adhered to it, please contact us at 715-537-3171 or 800-322-1008.